Bad breath, medically known as Halitosis, can be attributed to various factors, including:
- Plaque Build-up: The accumulation of a soft, sticky film on teeth and the gum line.
- Morning Breath: Occurs due to bacterial multiplication in the mouth during sleep.
- Consumption of Certain Foods: Foods like garlic, onions, coffee, and dairy products can contribute to bad breath.
- Improper Brushing and Neglecting Flossing.
- Dry Mouth: Resulting from reduced saliva flow.
- Acid Reflux Conditions: Such as gastritis and heartburn.
- Allergies: Conditions like colds, asthma, tonsillitis, and sinusitis.
- Smoking and Alcohol Use.
- Gum and Ligament Problems, Including Dental Abscesses.
- Preventing Bad Breath
To prevent bad breath, consider the following measures:
- Maintain Proper Oral Hygiene through regular brushing and flossing.
- Use a Tongue Scraper.
- Adjust and Modify Your Diet.
- Schedule Regular Dental Check-ups.
- Avoid Dry Mouth.
- Replace Your Toothbrush Regularly.
- Incorporate Interdental Brushes into Your Oral Care Routine.
- Use Fluoride Toothpaste.
- When to Seek Treatment for Bad Breath
It’s essential to seek treatment when you experience:
- Yellowish or brownish discoloration around your teeth (indicating plaque build-up).
- Gum issues such as bleeding, swelling, or redness.
- Persistent dry mouth, leading to bad breath.
- Constant sour, bitter, or metallic taste in your mouth.
- White or yellow coating on your tongue.
- Symptoms like post-nasal drip or excess mucus.
- Food lodgement in your teeth.
- Treatment for Bad Breath
Treatment options include:
- Dietary Recommendations, such as increasing zinc-rich foods.
- Brushing your teeth twice daily with proper technique.
- Quitting Smoking.
- Saltwater Gargling.
- Tongue Scraping.
- Avoiding Foods Known to Cause Bad Breath, such as onions and garlic.
- Using Interdental Brushes and Flossing Aids.
- Preventing Dry Mouth.
- Scaling: A dental procedure involving the removal of calculus and stains on tooth surfaces, followed by polishing.
- Using Dentist-Prescribed Mouthwash.
- Addressing Underlying Gastrointestinal Issues.
- Rinsing your mouth after every meal.
Post-operative care entails:
- Daily brushing and flossing.
- Periodic dental check-ups.
- Identifying and managing the root causes of bad breath.
Book your appointment Now at Indu’s Dental Clinic with the best dentist in Vizag, providing the Best Dental treatments in Visakhapatnam for all your Dental needs
Visit www.indudental.in (or) call +91- 888 631 4525 for hassle-free dental treatments.
Also Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to access tips, events, and a gallery of our success stories.